Monday, August 3, 2009

almost over.....

I can't believe that summer vacation is almost over. I remember that when I was a kid, summer vacation was almost too long. I was more then ready to go back to school, but now I am not ready to give up my kids yet. Yes, I will admit that I yell at them a lot and I loose my temper with them, but this house is gonna be so quiet. There won't be any over dramatic "Shh", to remind the kids that David is still sleeping. There won't be any cuddling on the couch and watching Diego or Dora in the morning. These are some of the things that I enjoy during the summer.
Since I am going to school in the evening, my parents have been taking the boys to the golf course and swimming. They have really improved. Gavin is now swimming on his own and can swim to the deep end and back. He also enjoys diving to the bottom of the pool in the deep end with my Dad and waving underwater. It is fun to see that my Dad does the same things with him that he used to do with me. He throws the boys as high as he can and they splash into the water with huge smiles. Quinten still wears his life vest, but has ventured to the stairs in the pool without it, putting his face in the water and kicking. It is really cute. He also slides off the edge of the pool like a "seal with a broken arm". Don't ask me, but I laughed so hard when he did it, I almost peed my pants.
Now the next things are Quinten's birthday party and school starting. I also want to take the boys on a little vacation. Where is yet to be determined. I really thought it would be fun to take them to Vegas for a couple days. We can stay somewhere with a really nice pool and just relax and enjoy family time. Oh yeah and eat on all the buffets...mmmm.