Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1st day of school



This was the first week for the boys to go back to school. Gavin started 1st grade and Quinten started Pre-School. I wasn't sure if the boys were happy about school starting, but as the week has progressed Gavin has got back into the swing of things and Quinten has shown me that he has grown up.



I had a hard time getting Quinten to stand still for his picture. Apparently he thinks he is a ninja.



Gavin is really good at the "fake smile" that Daid thinks that I have mastered. I caught him off guard and got a real one.

Gavin has made a couple of new friends, but chooses to play with his friends from kindergarten during recess and luch time.

Quinten needed me to help him start playing when I took him to Pre-School, but waved and told me "Bye" when it was group time. I was the one crying, not him. Good thing for big sunglasses.

David and I have been able to have "day dates" while the boys are in school. It is nice time for us to talk and spend some time together.

2 comments:

The Isaacs said...

Your boys are so cute! :) Enjoy those day dates!

Audrey said...

The boys are so handsome! I'm glad the transition, especially for Quint, was easy!! Have fun!