Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Moving

So most of you know about this house thing, but I haven't written everything yet. So here it goes.
We were given about a week to get packed and move. Now let me explain. I had been packing for a couple months. Cleaning out the house and putting things in boxes that weren't used on a day to day basis. Partially for showing the house and looking down the line to move. Now I would have packed more, but my husband, told me to stop because there wasn't going to be anything left. I didn't pack his garage or his office, so they were untouched come moving day.
So moving day comes and I am completely ready or so I think, but everyone that was going to help-totally canceled! Hello!! So that was stressful. The next stressful thing was the freaking cost of moving. The truck, the paying for everyone to eat all day (because they are doing this for free), and the gas. We moved and it wnt relatively smooth.
So, you think that since you are "moved" that everything after that is smooth? Well, not in this case. The house had been a college rental house for several young girls. It was seriously nasty. I scrubbed this house from top to bottom and still itched when I walked in the door. I used an entire vacuum bag to get the nasty stuff from the carpet, which appeared to not have been cleaned for about 2 years. We had to paint the main living areas because they were stripped with dirt. I opened the garbage can in the backyard and it smelled like a frat house-beer and liquor! Gross. We ripped out all the landscaping in the front yard, minus the lawn. It seemed to never end.
Anyway, we are still unpacking. I want to bake and make this feel like home, but I can't because I don't have my cookbooks yet. As time goes on I love it more and more. I am able to walk Gavin to school and take the boys on bike rides. We are walking distance from my parents. We are in Fresno-the biggest factor of all and we are grateful! Thanks to all for your prayers and support during this time!