Saturday, September 20, 2008

Date night

So last night was David and my first date night in the last several months-atleast. So I am so excited I can hardly control myself. The plan is, we go to El Torito for drinks for a friends birthday and then head to Five for dinner and whatever after. Remember, that was the "plan".
Well, that morning we call the rental management company in Visalia to make an appointment for them to come look at our house to put it for rent. Well, they say "we will be out today". Today? We still had cleaning stuff in the kitchen and paint cans in the laundry room. David called his parents to pick it up real quick before the guy got there. That all worked out, but the rental guy left paperwork for us on the counter. So, instead of having a wonderful time out with our friends, we had to drive to Visalia and pick up those papers. Turns out the papers could have waited. Nice $30 trip that wasn't needed!
So we get to Five right when our reservation was made for. We sit down and eat and it was delicious. I was very impressed. We gave our ghetto-fabulous gift certificate and ate for just over $35. So afterward we were going to meet up with friends at the Elbow Room, but they canceled. We called all kinds of friends, but no luck. Don't get me wrong, I love to hang out with just David, but we had been in a car for 2 hours and talked about everything already. So we decided to walk across the parking lot and go to Sequoia Brewing Company and have a couple beers.
We walked in and sat at the bar and I had the best beer of my life. The IPA! I would strongly suggest everyone to try it. David hated it, but he is a snob and really only likes Newcastle. So we people watched and visited for an hour and came home. We were home by 9:30. That is so early! I felt like such a looser because it should have been the night we stay out until midnight, waking up the next morning thinking that I can't do that again for a long time. Instead I felt like I could have one of those nights once a week, Oh well.
So now, David and sleeping and I am sitting with my boys on the couch watching Transformers cartoons and drinking coffee.
So was it a success? Yes. Anytime I can go out with David, hold hands and go back to that good ol' feeling I will. It reminds me of why, in my eyes, he's the best person alive and why we fell in love to begin with.

No comments: