Monday, September 29, 2008

Food

I obviously have a theme on the blog thing. Yesturday, dieting and today, food. It really isn't related though.
It is no secret that I love to eat. I love trying new food and going to eat in funky places. I live for that stuff.
So today, the boys and I are running errands and I ask them what they want for dinner. I give them the options Chinese or Indian. Quinten, bless his little heart, says Indian! I say okay and pull into the parking lot. Now the only reason that we didn't eat at home was because I didn't take anything out of the freezer, oh, and I love to use my Entertainment book. So we go inside and Quinten yells out "Something in here smells good!" Well, that made me optimistic.
We sit down, I open the menu and I am lost. I have no idea. The waiter would have helped if I had been able to understand him. I randomly picked two things and hoped for the best.
When it comes the boys immediately say that it looks nasty and they aren't gonna eat it. Great. So I pushed alittle and they throw a huge fit, yelling that the food is gross and that it's two thumbs down. I was so embarressed. I didn't know what to do, other then take the quickest route out of there. I read those boys the riot act.
I couldn't believe that they said those things! I took it personal because I am trying really hard to expose the boys to different cultures, so they aren't brought up in a non-diverse, uptight kind of household. Most importantly, that they, themselves don't become bigits or have prejudices. So we get home and they get yogurt for dinner.
I obviously need to find people who share my need to try new things, since David won't ever do that! I know that kids aren't very daring when they are young, but hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

No comments: