Monday, April 25, 2011

Get STAR testing over with!!

I am so excited about summer vacation. Once it starts I probably won't show the same enthusiasm, but for the time being the thought of sleeping in and being a vegetable just sounds amazing. I guess Easter break makes you realize how much you need a break from school and the pressures that go along with it.
This coming week Gavin has STAR testing. If you don't know about STAR testing don't ask me because I don't have a clue. Apparently it is very important. I am dreading picking up Gavin from school because he is not a good test taker and his personality doesn't let things go easily. That means his negativity will carry over to the house and rub off on the rest of us...yay!! If any of you know about the boys school, Fugman, it is over the top. They are rated #1 in Clovis Unified. To me, that means stress and lots of homework. So much homework in fact, that sometimes Gavin sits at the table for 3 hours doing it. My poor Gavin is the youngest kid in his class. His birthday was right at the cut off so I put him in because he was so advanced with his speech. To bad his math skills don't match. And I am not going to lie, I may have been ready for a break earlier than some other parents.
So after the dreaded STAR testing, there will be a couple weeks left of school and I can't wait to do fun stuff with the boys. I would love to take them camping a couple times and maybe have a small trip with my husband somewhere. I would also like to go to the Las Vegas hair show.
So many things to do....will summer be enough time?

No comments: