Friday, September 3, 2010

School...finally!













School has started and the boys and I are almost used to it. We have been at it for two weeks now and although Quinten has adjusted well, Gavin has been having a difficult time.

Quinten loves going to afternoon Kindergarten. He gets to hang out all morning, play and watch cartoons. Then after having lunch he hangs out with his friends for a couple hours at school. Quinten has aways enjoyed learning and growing up to be just like his brother.

Gavin has been a challenge. He whines every morning and tells me how much he hates school, which translates to "I want to stay home and play with my toys". So after a good 45 minute argument, he figures he isn't going to win and gets his act together. I won't tell you the warm feelings that run thru my body every morning when he acts up, or is it the heated blood running thru my veins? Either way it is painful and obnoxious beyond words. I have given him a big responsibility daily. He is assigned to Quinten pick-up duty. He gets out of school and runs to Quinten's room to wait for us. He loves doing it!

A good thing this year is that parents are actually talking to me. David tells me I am unapproachable because I look like a snobby bitch, but I think it's because I usually don't look very excited to be standing in the hot sun. Either way, people have felt more comfortable to talk to me. I wish this would have happened two years ago when Gavin was in Kindergarten. I have made an effort to smile more and make more eye contact. It is a lot of work to make friends, that's for sure.

So hopefully my boys continue to look forward to school, or slowly get used to the new routine. I love to see them come home and show me what they have learned and tell me about what they played. I love school!

No comments: