Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Discipline

I have been having the hardest time with my boys in the area of discipline. Spanking works for one, the other with time outs. I hate having to do things different for each kid and was looking for something that works for both.
So I developed a new plan. I give each boy 60 minutes worth of a video game for the week starting on Sunday. The minutes are written on a whiteboard and displayed in the kitchen. Each time they do something "naughty" I take away five minutes. If it is really bad, I take away 10 minutes. But, get this, I also reward the boys by gifting them 5 minutes. Gavin was given 10 minutes from David last week because he did really well on his tests throughout the week. It worked so well that I wish I had thought about this two years ago! So on Saturday's the boys redeem their minutes for the video game of their choice. GENIUS!

No comments: