Wednesday, June 20, 2012

And the start of summer!

I totally forgot about this thing! I guess it is time to fill everyone in on whats going on.

First thing, David is back at work! He has been at work for almost two months and although he still has a lot of pain with his shoulder he is able to talk to people on the phone and take telephonic reports. He is at the BOC (stands for building on corner). He is in the funky looking building on the corner of Fresno and Divisadero by Community Hospital. There are no windows in this building and a lot of gossip...two things David hates!

Gavin is in summer school this summer. He is in soccer and Spanish. He finished school with all A's and B's, something that David and I didn't think would happen. I guess those stern talks really made a difference. He is looking forward to being an "upper grader" next year and plans to be on the soccer team, run cross country and do robotics. And that is all during the fall! We will see how that all goes.

Quinten is also in summer school. He is taking a reading class since he needs a little help in that area. He has really started enjoying swimming this summer and has become competitive with Gavin, which is fun to watch. He still loves to snuggle and is very much a gentleman. He is enjoying his break from being the little ladies man at school.

I haven't been that busy. I truly feel like a soccer mom, taking the kids to functions and keeping everything going around that house. I enjoy my gym time every evening by getting out all my frustrations out in sweat form. The business is slow. I get about one or two clients a week. I would love to have a busy schedule but I have to be patient and trust things are going the way they need to. I still love doing hair....the smile someone gets after seeing their new look is the best!!

We hope to get some day trips in this summer to the coast. The boys love the ocean and playing in the sand. I would like to get away from the house to get a break also. I always feel like I need to be cleaning something or doing laundry if I am home! We are hoping for one big trip, but will see how things go with David's shoulder and our bank account!

No comments: