Thursday, December 9, 2010

Slow start

This morning was terrible. Every morning at 6:45, my alarm goes off. I get up and start my routine which includes important things like making coffee and lunches. At 7:00, Gavin's alarm goes off. This morning it didn't wake him up, which shocks me because it is LOUD!! So I go in his room and tell him to get up (nicely) and rub his back or head, whatever I can reach since he is on the top bunk.
This morning, after telling him to get up, I walked into the kitchen and got his food on the table and sat and waited. He didn't get to the table until 7:20 since he fell back asleep and had to stretch 1400 times. Finally he gets to the table and sits and complains. About everything in the universe. Nothing is right! I told him to suck it up and that I didn't want to hear it. I get so irritated when he is so negative! It drives me crazy!! It got so bad that I had to start taking away minutes from his video game that he gets at the end of the week. Then he starts his "Momma, your mean". Oh, if he only knew what mean was and trust me, I almost showed him.
His meal took 40 minutes to eat. I cup of milk and a Quaker bar. 40 MINUTES!!! I sent him to his room to get dressed, which he has to do under the covers because it's cold. That takes another chunk of time instead of just standing and putting his clothes on in 3 minutes. He brushed his teeth, combed his hair and put on lotion. I was so done that I threw his coat at him and told him to get in the car. I wasn't going to let him even look in his playroom.
We drove to school and I dropped him off and told him to take a reading test before going to class. Sometimes taking your kids to school is the best break you can have. I couldn't handle another minute of attitude and complaining. When I pick him up at 4:30 I will have had enough time to gather my bearings and tolerate him for part two of the drama.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Gracie acts the same way sometimes! And it drives me nuts too!.....The complaining and negativity!! AHhhh! But sounds like you handled well!

The Lomeli clan said...

You are just being a good best friend by telling me that. I feel like I am impatient and grouchy all day because of it. Someone told me that kids have to act out sometime during the day and that it is either at home or school. I guess it's better in my environment so I can deal with it instead of his teacher.