Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Super Bargain Shopper

I had a great day yesterday, shopping wise that is. I loaded up on coupons from my newspaper and fliers and headed to Macy's. Quinten didn't put up a fight, even got ready on his own. I may have said something about a Happy Meal reward, but I can't say for sure.
So I got to Macy's Kids and although I was taken aback by the three hard core gang bangers I passed, I focused my attention on the racks full of sale merchandise. It was heavenly. I got a couple things for my niece, my adopted niece and a goofy little hat for Quinten, which he hasn't takne off for two days.
I know I should have stopped at the children's department, but I decided to go try the women's area also. I like to go to the second floor....I think they call the department "Impluse". Anyway, since the clearance was additional 50% off I started to look around. Quinten helped by pointing out every bright colored item off the racks and telling me how great I would look in it. I refrained from telling him that his Momma doesn't want to look like a giant watercolor painting. I agreed and told him to find me things that have an "L" on the tag or were black. He didn't catch on. I looked past the distraction and focused because there was a point to this stop.
Anyone who knows me, knows I am a brand whore. This is no secret and I will never deny it. What I will deny and with good reason, is that I pay a lot for my clothing. My first item, a black dress, sleeveless to the knee. Conservative, the way I like it now. Original price $155. Purchase price $7.50. Yes, you did read that correctly! Second item was a pair of True Religion jeans. I have tried them on many times, but have always put them back due to price. I even put them back at Nordstroms Rack, where they are marked way down. Yes, we are on a budget in the Lomeli house. Original price $315. Purchase price $44.82. The heavens opened and light shone down on me. It was awesome! And last but not least. A black BCBG tunic style dress, that I will wear as a shirt because I could never pull that off. Original price $148. Purchase price $19.90.
Yes folks, I think I have mastered the art of sale shopping! Maybe I should rethink being a hairdresser after all and look into personal shopping!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

WOW! You certainly found some fantastic deals! I love it when that happens! Macy's clearance is THE best!

Audrey said...

You are AMAZING! I wish I had your skill - and YES you should be a personal shopper....I'll be the first to hire you!....When are you available? :)