Friday, February 5, 2010

UGH

I picked up Gavin today and since that time my house has been chaotic. He no sooner got in the car and it started. He has whined for the last half hour. He won't share or play with his brother. He is acting like a little a brat!
I am so irritated I could scream. He has been sitting in his bed for the last 5 minutes and even then he is yelling from his top bunk, "Momma, Quinten told me...." or "Momma, Quinten just...". Ugh!
So now Quinten is screaming in his bed because he retaliated with violence and he was placed there, luckily without force because I would have used the amount of force necassary to affect my achieved goal, which in this case is peace. I would not have been peaceful. Duck tape sounds like a logical amount of force.
There are some days when school is a place I don't want to be, but today I would like to go early please!

2 comments:

The Isaacs said...

UGH! I'm with ya! Jeremy and Grace are both going through phases that make them fight/argue/bicker about everything! It was easier when Grace could just boss Jeremy around and he'd be ok with it! I have been so frustrated these past few weeks! (Sorry, no words of advice- just wanted to let you know that I completely understand!!)

Jamie said...

I heard one very wise mom explain the "after-school fight/complain/whining" in a particular way that made sense to me. She said that some kids try so hard (use so much energy) at school trying to be good or impress their teachers or classmates that they "relax" when they come home. They allow themselves to fight or whine because they know they are in a safe place that, although not a place without consequences, they will always be loved and never left out. So as frustrating as his behavior might be, and as much as you wanna send him back right away or swat his little butt, think of it as a complement that he feels secure and knows he's loved in your home.