Sunday, November 1, 2009

This Coming Season!

Halloween is over! I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. Typically I love the holiday season....especially the eating (who am I trying to fool). The problem is that I am not ready. I wish that the holiday season would last longer, along with the cold weather that we don't see enough of.
I love the lights, the fog (I know but it still makes me happy), the smells of Thanksgiving and Christmas...the entirety of the season. I am not sure what it is exactly that I am not ready for.
Maybe it is because every year that I want to do a big party and never do. Maybe it's the pressure to buy people the "perfect" gift, which for me is more of a challenge.
This year I am going to make an extra effort to make this season enjoyable for my kids, like my Mom sis for me. Baking cookies and German traditions. Listening to the Nutcracker and singing Christmas carols while working around the house.
Amazingly, as I have written this I have made a little progress on my cheer factor. Maybe I can do this after all!

No comments: